My Deepest Condelences to People of Poland

The national flag of Poland was at half staff in front of the Polish embassy in The Hague, the Netherlands. Photo: Koen Van Weel/Agence France-Presse — Getty Images
Yangki Imade Suara*

That was a shocking news for me when I read on twitter that a plane carrying the Polish president and dozens of the country's top political and military leaders to the site of a Soviet massacre of Polish officers in World War II crashed in western Russia on Saturday, killing everyone on board.

President Lech Kaczynski’s plane tried to land in a thick fog, missing the runway and snagging treetops about half a mile from the airport in Smolensk, scattering chunks of fuselage across a bare forest.

The crash came as a stunning blow to Poland, wiping out a large portion of the country’s leadership in one fiery explosion. And in a chilling twist, it happened at the moment that Russia and Poland were beginning to come to terms with the killing of more than 20,000 members of Poland’s elite officer corps in the same place 70 years ago.

Site of plane crash (c) The New York Times

The picture shows the location of plane crash. It was only 2 km from Smolensk Airport.

After read tweet about it, I search on the internet and I also send my condolences to my friend in Poland Waldemar Sieniawski and Karolina Sieniawska.

"I'm sorry to hear that your president was killed in plane crash." Karolina replied it " Thx Yangki, We're still in shock. It's very sad, because except L. Kaczyński many politicians important for our country died in this plane crash

News report stated that this plane crash killing everyone on board including Lech Kaczyński (President), Maria Kaczyńska (Wife of President Kaczyński), Ryszard Kaczorowski (Former president in exile), Jerzy Szmajdzinski (Deputy speaker of parliament), Aleksander Szczyglo (Head of the National Security Bureau), Andrzej Kremer (Deputy foreign minister), Gen. Franciszek Gagor (Army chief of staff) and Slawomir Skrzypek (President of National Bank of Poland).
The New York Times
Waldemar Sieniawski and Karolina Sieniawska
I'm writing this article as my deepest condolences to the Polish. Byłem w Warszawie (I've been to Warsaw) and I'm really love this city. "I have received the news with a great shock and sadness about the death of president Lech Kaczynski, in a plane crash near to Smolensk. Seriously I don't believe it until I read detail about it. Event I don't know President Kaczynski and other passengers, I'm really sure that Poland has lost a lot of outstanding statesman in this unexpected accident. On my own behalf, I extend my deepest condolences to the friendly people of Poland at this most unfortunate and grievous loss."
I'm in front of Presidential Palace (Palac Prezydencki) on Dec 31, 2009 during my visit to Warsaw after COP15, Copenhagen, Denmark
*An undergraduate student majoring Economics and still looking another chance to visit Warsaw.

No Response to "My Deepest Condelences to People of Poland"

Post a Comment


Edited by Yangki Imade Suara

Copyright 2010 by Anshul Dudeja